Monday, April 11, 2011

One week to go!!

We find out what Baby S is next Monday!! This week can't go by fast enough. Now now... don't be expecting me to post the results on Facebook or my blog right away. We have to keep it a secret until Thursday (the 21st ) because we are flying back to MS to have a reveal dinner with our family. But as soon as the dinner is over I will shout it from the rooftops!! It is a boy/girl and his/her name is ____!!! 

To try and keep my sanity while I'm waiting and to keep my mind busy I have made numerous lists. What kind of lists might you ask?? Ohhhh.. you name it I've made it. Some of the obvious ones were a baby name list and a checklist of things we need right when the baby is born. But I've now taken it a step further and have gone onto consumer reports and compiled a list of the top two items in each category that we can choose from when we go to make our purchases. One list is for esstentials (i.e. top rated strollers, cribs, car seats etc..) and the other for non-essentials (i.e. jumpers, play mats etc.)  I also have a list of potential job placements and homes in Starkville that I would like to visit sometime this summer. I am assuming that this sudden onset of OCD in the form of list making is due to me feeling so out of control with this baby thing. Even the nurse told me at our last appointment that I need to just let it go because nothing about pregnancy is controllable. True...very true. But also very frustrating. It's also probably due to me not being able to "nest " and work on a nursery unitl after the baby is here and we get moved.

Oh well.. I guess lists will have to do for now! Let's just hope this baby isn't shy next Monday and I can have some sense of relief!! My Microsoft Word could also use a break! :)

2 comments:

  1. hey!! 1 week...that is so exciting! we still have a month to find out. when you come up with the magic lists...post them! i'm sure all these preggies around here would love to see what you found out! hope the week goes by fast for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a little nester right now and I love it! I really do some of my best organizing when I'm preggers. Can't wait to find out!!

    ReplyDelete