Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter weekend

Sorry but this will be a long one..

First let me go back to the 18th when we found out the gender or I really should say when we were going to "Confirm" the gender as a girl because we were 98% positive it was girl.  Our appointment was early in the morning and I had already mentally prepared myself for the possibility that we wouldn't see what he/she was because it would probably be asleep. But I did everything I could to try to prevent that from happening. They say to eat sugar, drink juice/caffeine etc. So I had a cinnamon roll with a large glass of OJ and a cup of coffee on the way. Well, we go into the US room and she started off at the head SLOWLY working her way down to the good stuff and finally she said "Now we are looking at the crotch" So Andrew and I squinted at the screen and there it was.. legs spread wide open (apparantly I put him in a sugar coma)..and it's a BOY! We both were in total shock. I of course, started crying because I was so suprised. It was a good cry though..just like finding out your pregnant all over again! It was so amazing! We already had our boy and girl name picked so we were able to automatically start calling him Weston! Weston Patrick Shapley is his name and we have already fallen in love with him.

Next..We just got back from a wonderful weekend full of family, friends, and a lot of amazing food!! We flew into MS on the 21st for a reveal dinner with our family. It also happend to be our 4 year anniversary so it was so great to get to spend it with everyone. We decided that we would have one cake with a pink layer and blue layer. One of us would put a bite of pink on our fork and the other with blue. Whoever took the bite would reveal boy or girl! I made Andrew practice on the plane..us counting to three and him pretending to take the girl bite. I have to say he did a good job. We counted to 3 and he faked them out so good that they were all still staring at him while I had already taken the blue bite. A 10 second delay followed and then finally..Oh!! It's a boy!!

Finally, we had an amazing baby shower given to us by Brent and SB Gary. It was so much fun and I am so thankful to all of our amazing friends and family for coming. I can't wait to go shopping for Weston with all of our gift cards :) Overall, a wonderful weekend and we couldn't be more excited for Weston's arrival this fall! I'll attach some pics from the eventful weekend!
The amazing cake my mother in law made!


getting the bites ready


blue bite taken! Andrew is still faking them out


The amazing cake at the shower!

Opening presents

We can't wait to meet you Weston!
Had to attach my 19 week pic

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to meet Weston! Your bump looks so cute. We miss you guys and hope everything is going well. You look beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete